South Lyon Area Recreation Authority is proud to offer a wide variety of opportunities to participate in sports. Whether you are at the youth level or the adult level, there are plenty of ways to get involved! Sports are a great way to teach kids the values such as sportsmanship and teamwork as well as provide a way to stay active and have fun! At the adult level, sports can be a great way to stay in shape or to socialize with both new and old friends.
Even if you’re playing days are behind you, we still want you to be involved with our sport programs! SLARA is always looking for volunteer coaches for our youth leagues. If coaching isn't right for you, why not give officiating a try? Officiating provides a great chance to stay involved in the sport you love and make some extra money at the same time! Whether its coaching or officiating that interests you, please feel free to contact our office for information on current and upcoming opportunities!
All "Team" Adult Leagues that require a roster will appear "Course Full" when trying to register online (Men's Basketball, Women's Volleyball, and Softball). Please look under the correct sport below for a link to their "Roster Forms" and return the completed rosters to the SLARA office located at 23333 Griswold, Ste. 100 in South Lyon. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns please feel free to contact our office at 248.437.8105!
Thank you for your continued support and participation!
Need to make a special request for roster placement?
Please see our policy below! We understand that many of you may have busy work schedules, multiple children, or conflicting commitments. We want to make it easy for you to get your child to and from their games and practices this season, but it is important to be mindful of our guidelines for roster requests in SLARA youth sports.
ROSTER REQUEST POLICY
Roster requests are NOT GUARANTEED.
- Requests are done on a first come, first serve basis
- All requests must be completed on the “Youth Sports Friend Request Form” NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Requests made by phone or without the completed “Youth Sports Friend Request Form” will NOT be accepted. Requests received after the registration deadline will NOT be accepted.
- Each player may request to be paired with ONE other player. The player being requested must also request to be paired with the same player for the request to be granted.
- Siblings will be paired together unless specifically requested otherwise.
- Volunteer coaches listed on the roster will be paired with their own children. Each roster is permitted to list one official head coach and one official assistant coach.
- No player may request to be paired with a coach.
- Our focus is to create fun and balanced teams. If a request is deemed to create either an unfair skill advantage or disadvantage, SLARA reserves the right to deny or cancel any roster request.